From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's the dmix equivalent these days?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 07:00:14
1 On Tuesday 27 February 2007 00:14, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
2 > El Tue, 27 Feb 2007 00:53:54 +0100
3 >
4 > Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> escribió:
5 > > Mick writes:
6 > > > How am I supposed to specify sox? /usr/bin/sox doesn't play any
7 > > > sound.
8 > >
9 > > Have a look at this "Do I really need aRts?" thread, in the middle it
10 > > says:
11 > >
12 > > "now, copy this script into /usr/bin/Ksplay:
13 > >
14 > > #! /bin/sh
15 > > sox "$@" -v 1.0 -q -t alsa default &
16 > >
17 > > emerge sox to get an external sound player for
18 > > kdm events. Go into the control center, click
19 > > system notifications and click "player settings"
20 > > near the bottom. Click "use external player"
21 > > and then type /usr/bin/Ksplay.
22 > > "
23 > >
24 > > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-526080-highlight-arts.html
25 > >
26 > > Alex
27 >
28 > Alternatively you can just use the script "/usr/bin/play", included in
29 > the sox package.
30
31 Cool! I seem to have missed this in man sox. It plays system sounds now
32 nicely.
33
34 Thank you for your help.
35 --