From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PPC64 on IBM Power8
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 23:15:37
1 On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 16:41:00 +0100, luciano mannucci wrote:
2
3 > > As long as your install cd/dvd supports the
4 > > filesystems you want to use, you'll be fine using it. Just get the
5 > > newest
6 > > stage3 and you will start with the most recent gentoo has to offer.
7 > Ok, I'll fight with the low intensity virtual video and I hope I'll be
8 > back with a success story soon... :-)
9
10 Start the SSH server in the live install environment, then you can SSH in
11 from a system with a decent display. I almost always install Gentoo using
12 SSH and screen.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody
19 appreciates how difficult it was.