From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - New USB trackball; how to use?
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 01:18:48
1 On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 20:10:54 -0500
2 Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I got a new USB trackball today. When I plug it into the computer,
5 > this shows up in dmesg:
6 >
7 > input: Logitech USB Trackball as /class/input/input6
8 > input: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [Logitech USB Trackball] on
9 > usb-0000:00:1d.0-1
10 >
11 > How would I configure my computer so that I could use this device?
14 hmm. no configuration should be necessary. try to cat /dev/input/mice
15 and see if things come up when you move the trackball. If so, make
16 sure X is using /dev/input/mice and not /dev/input/mouseX.
19 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list