From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kbackup and dvd sized slices
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 12:32:38
1 Arttu V. wrote:
2 > On 6/28/09, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> A box should pop up and if you click the little button under
5 >> Maximum Archive Size, it should show the available options. Mine has
6 >> unlimited, 650Mb CD, 700Mb CD and custom. The custom will not let me
7 >> enter anything in Gb.
10 > If by "Gb" you mean the spinner to the right of the dropdown stating
11 > "custom" then yes, over here it lets me type in numbers ("2000"), and
12 > automatically adds "MB" once that widget loses focus.
15 Mine will only let me type in 3 numbers. Examples: 300 or 600 It will
16 not accept Gb or anything over 999
17
18 > But I just installed kbackup-0.94-r1 from scratch on this amd64 box
19 > two minutes ago. So, e.g., my ~/.kde/share/config/kbackuprc only has
20 > the window dimensions saved. Maybe yours has some more settings saved
21 > in there?
24 I renamed that file with .old on the end to test whether that file maybe
25 had bad data or something. It generated a new file but same problem. I
26 forgot to mention that in my post tho.
29 >> There is really not a USE flags to change on this one.
30 >>
31 >> Ideas? Someone confirm it is just me or not just me?
34 > kbackup uses kde 3.5 and I've noticed that on some of my boxes they've
35 > been rebuilt quite often over last few weeks, alongside the underlying
36 > qt libraries (which I presume provide the base of those widgets as the
37 > underlying toolkit). So, maybe you can try re-emerging kbackup and/or
38 > check the sanity state of the whole thing with revdep-rebuild?
42 I did reemerge kbackup and the problem was still the same. I'm not real
43 sure when this started or what updates were done to start this. I'm
44 pretty sure qt has been updated here as well and is even being updated
45 again as I type.
46
47 I also noticed that when I try to use a saved profile that does a 4Gb
48 slice. it errors out after a couple slices. Sorry, didn't save the
49 error. It won't let me change the slice size on the saved profiles
50 either. I can go down but not up.
51
52 Weird huh? I'm good at finding these weird problems.
53
54 Dale
55