From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is this drive toast--addendum
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 02:25:40
1 On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 11:03:27 +0930
2 Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> wrote:
3
4 > I have never had cable select work for me - I find it is highly
5 > dependant on the specific IDE cable, drive, and bios combination. I
6 > _always_ use master / slave jumpers, and don't even bother with cable
7 > select. Even if I have only one drive, cable select has still failed
8 > for me, resulting in no drives being detected.
9 >
10 > but maybe that's just me...!
11
12 Actually I do that too, but as little as possible. I just put grub on
13 the master drive and then, if i'm worried about isolating windows and
14 linux, i can install windows normally on a seperate drive with the
15 linux drive disabled or unplugged.
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list