From: galiza.ceive@gmail.com (=?utf-8?B?Sm9ow6FtLUx1w61zIE1pZ3XDqW5z?= Vila)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What standalone GTK2 Engines are available?
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 14:22:38
1 Ognjen Bezanov <Ognjen@×××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > I used to use xfce-mcs-manager as a lightweight standalone gtk2 engine
6 > for my enlightenment desktop (for using GTK2 themes to render). I've
7 > just reinstalled Gentoo on my machine, and now xfce-mcs-manager is no
8 > more (seems it's been merged deeper in xfce now, so no longer
9 > standalone).
10 >
11 > An alternative that has been proposed to me is gnome-settings-daemon,
12 > but I'd rather install something lighter that doesn't need all the
13 > gnome libraries installed. Is there any such thing available?
14 >
15 > Thanks!
19 You don't need gnome-settings-daemon. Just GTK+ and some engines
20 (depending on which gtk theme you'll be using), edit ~/.gtkrc-2.0[1] and
21 you'll be done.
22
24 [1] e.g.:
25 # gtkrc-2.0
26 include "/path/to/theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"
27 gtk-icon-theme-name="Name" # folder at ~/.icons
28 gtk-font-name="Font Size" # overrides, if set, gtkrc setting
29 --
30 What garlic is to food, insanity is to art.
31 - This message may be digitally signed: GPG KeyID:0x9D2FD6C8 || FNMT SSL cert