From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] TeXlive-core failed to build
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 18:36:05
1 On 03/13 06:27, Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > > On 13 Mar 2017, at 16:27, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
4 > > On 03/13 08:06, Martin Vaeth wrote:
5 > >> You appear to have experimental CFLAGS. Try without these.
6 > >>
7 > > Could you specify, what parts of that settings are experimental,
8 > > so that I will remove the correct ones?
9 >
10 > Your flags are:
11 >
12 > CFLAGS=-march=native -O2 -pipe -ffast-math -fopenmp -fprefetch-loop-arrays -ftree-parallelize-loops=12 -funroll-all-loops -fwhole-program -mtune=amdfam10
13 >
14 > Google each one of them, see what they do. There's probably a gcc manual that explains them.
15 >
16 > "funroll-loops" has long been a joke about Gentoo ricing. https://fun.irq.dk/funroll-loops.org/
17 >
18 > I would guess you'd take that out and -ftree-parallelize-loops for a start.
19 >
20 > If you want to use the program, compile it with just `CFLAGS=-march=native -O2 -pipe` - I'm sure that will work. Then you can go back and see what options you can add without crashing the compile. These options often do not actually make things faster.
21 >
22 > Stroller.
26 Hi Stroller,
27