From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] radeon and radeonfb both loaded
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 17:57:40
1 On Monday 20 July 2009, Jacob Todd wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 08:15:41PM +0100, John wrote:
3 > > Please can you recommend a email virus scanner.
4 > >
5 > > I am a little unsure about all the combinations available. I wish to
6 > > scan incoming email on my home desktop. I currently use Claws Mail and
7 > > was looking for the simplest option.
8 > >
9 > > Many Thanks
10 > > --
11 > > John D Maunder
12 > > john@××××××××××××××××××.uk
13 >
14 > Maybe app-antivirus/clamav?
15
16 Or may be John shouldn't be hijacking threads (search for netiquette if you
17 don't understand what I'm talking about) and Jacob shouldn't respond?
18
19 Back to the OP's questions:
20
21 1) radeonfb is the framebuffer used when in console to render fonts in smaller
22 sizes. radeon is the xorg video card driver. Therefore, you could have them
23 both (either built in kernel or as modules).
24
25 2)The "(II) RADEON(0): Setting screen physical size to 320 x 240" message is
26 expressing the screen resolution in millimeters . This roughly is equivalent
27 to 1210x907 pixels. Run 'xdpyinfo -display :0.0' to see the dimensions in
28 rounded numbers.
29 --
30 Regards,
31 Mick