From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: eselect binutils list not matching
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 22:20:18
1 On 06/24/2012 11:27 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > One of my machines is giving an undesired response in eselect:
4 >
5 > c2stable ~ # eselect binutils list
6 > !!! Error: Pattern does not match any installed version of binutils!
7 > exiting
8
9 I would start by comparing /usr/share/eselect/* between the bad machine and one of the good ones. I'd probably use scp -r to copy the bad machine's directory to /tmp on the good machine and use diff -r to do the comparison.
10 (I just discovered sftp, which is another easy way to copy things.)
11
12 I love to hear a better suggestion about how to compare two different machines, though. You could set up an nfs mount of one machine on the other, but that's too complicated for my very limited needs.