From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] package.provided syntax
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 18:05:44
1 I'm currently trying to get thru an emerge -vuD world but having
2 various things crop up. Some I thought were handled long ago like
3 this overlooking what is in package.provided:
4
5 rsnapshot-1.2.2
6 bacula-1.48.5
7 cvs-emacs-24
8
9 The last two are fake versions so they would stay ahead of what ever
10 comes into portage for a while. My understanding is that portage
11 looks here, and if the version is newer it by passes these packages.
12
13 So this should not happen:
14
15 emerge -vuDp app-editors/emacs-cvs
16 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
17
18 Calculating dependencies... done!
19 [ebuild U ] app-editors/emacs-cvs-22.0.50-r1 [22.0.50] USE="X gif
20 gtk jpeg nls png spell -Xaw3d -tiff" 0 kB
21
22 Oh, and why is `tiff' turned off (-tiff)?
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list