From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to configure eth1:1 ?
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 16:26:31
1 On 2011-10-18, YoYo Siska <yoyo@××××××.sk> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 10:19:32PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
3
4 >> And the lack of eth1:1 is presumably explained if the system is using
5 >> the iproute2 module instead of the ifconfig module. My current theory
6 >> is that iproute2 is getting used because I have openvpn installed with
7 >> the iproute2 use flag. [I'm not actually using openvpn, but it's still
8 >> istalled from a couple years ago when I was using it.]
11 > From /usr/share/doc/openrc-0.7.0/net.example:
12
13 > # If you don't specify an interface then we prefer iproute2 if it's installed
14 > # To prefer ifconfig over iproute2
15 > #modules="ifconfig"
16
17 > As to why you have iproute2 installed...
18
19 I know why iproute2 is installed. Like I said before, I have openvpn
20 installed with the iproute2 use flag.
21
22 What I didn't know was why iproute2 was being used by the startup
23 system when the handbook said that ifconfig was the defalt. I hadn't
24 overridden that default, so I was expecting ifconfig to be used by the
25 startup system.
28 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I think my career
29 at is ruined!
30 gmail.com