From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: why a manual dhcpcd eth0 is needed?
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 06:20:09
1 On 10/22/2011 08:08 AM, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
2 >
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > On a recent gentoo install using wicd for network configuration, no
6 > connection is established during boot. After logging in, I need to issue
7 >
8 > dhcpcd eth0
9 >
10 > to obtain an IP address and access the internet via ethernet. I thought
11 > wicd would take care of that. I did not emerge dhcpcd, it was emerged as
12 > a dependency of wicd.
13 >
14 > What am I missing? I have wicd starting during the boot runlevel.
15
16 You probably don't have a correct /etc/conf.d/net file. Try:
17
18 modules="dhcpcd"
19 config_eth0="dhcp"