From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BIG reiserfs problem
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:22:36
1 On Monday 30 October 2006 22:49, Bryan Whitehead wrote:
2 > If you are so concerned with the awesomeness of XFS's caching... why
3 > not turn on data-journaling? Then data (not just meta-data) is
4 > committed to the journal.
5 >
6 > You can also tune XFS to not wait so long to hold cached data.
7
8 It's not something I'm really concerned about - I don't need the
9 features XFS provides and ReiserFS 3.6 works just fine for me. I just
10 understand why SGI built XFS the way they did and what problem they
11 were solving by doing it that way.
12
13 I find it useful to keep in mind that XFS is a file-system (i.e. a
14 system for files), and not necessarily a severly disk-bound filesystem
15
16 alan
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list