From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] laptop screen goes dark in boot
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 07:23:46
1 Please try to deactivate everything related to framebuffer and specific
2 video hardware in your kernel config. See if it helps, then activate one
3 option at a time until it breaks again.
4
5 Specifically:
6 CONFIG_FB=y
7 CONFIG_FB_BOOT_VESA_SUPPORT=y
8 CONFIG_FB_CFB_FILLRECT=y
9 CONFIG_FB_CFB_COPYAREA=y
10 CONFIG_FB_CFB_IMAGEBLIT=y
11 CONFIG_FB_MODE_HELPERS=y
12 CONFIG_FB_TILEBLITTING=y
13 CONFIG_FB_VESA=y
14 CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE=y
15
16 The only thing you really need for the start is CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE.
17
18 Hope this helps,
19 Florian Philipp
20
21 P.S.: Please don't top-post in the future. Use an email client that
22 allows you to write your response below the text you quote. That makes
23 large threads easier to read.
24