From: Alexandre Domi <crok.r245@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nvidia-drivers fail to determine kernel version
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 15:02:08
1 Note sure it's something wrong that you did, but that sure is strange... It
2 usually happens when switching from 3.x to 3.y kernel version...
3 When you're trying to emerge nvidia-drivers, are you running the recently
4 compiled kernel?
7 2013/2/5 <meino.cramer@×××.de>
8
9 > Hi,
10 >
11 > when using vanilla kernel 3.7.5 (appropiate kernel headers installed)
12 > emergeing nvidia-drivers 313.18 works fine.
13 > As soon vanilla kernel 3.7.6 are installed the emerge process fails
14 > because the kernel version couldnt be determined.
15 >
16 > Both times /usr/src/linux symlinks to the according kernel sources.
17 >
18 > What did I wrong? How can I fix that?
19 >
20 > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
21 > Best regards,
22 > mcc