From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] which VM do you recommend?
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 09:20:18
1 On 07/30/2013 10:11:54 AM, Randolph Maaßen wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm using qemu-kvm for hoisting a Windows 7, but always typing the
5 > long commandline is anoying, so I wrote a little script to start the
6 > VM. I recently switched to libvirt and virt-manager, which do the
7 > commandline work for me, and creatting new VMs or starting them is
8 > quiet easy. This system also supports running the VM in background, if
9 > this is important to you. It needs a couple of kernel modules to work,
10 > but emerge will promt to you what it needs.
11 >
12 > I'm not on my gentoo machine at the moment, so I can't provide you
13 > details on USE-flags, but I can say I have the QUEM_TAGET varables set
14 > to i386, x86_64
17 Is it possible to convert the VirtualBox VDI file to one used by
18 qemu-kvm?
19
20 Thanks,
21 Helmut