From: Urs Schutz <u.schutz@×××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fonts.
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:27:52
1 On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:35:15 +0300
2 Stayvoid <stayvoid@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > Bad, works immediately: Put them in /usr/share/fonts
5 > That didn't work for me.
6 >
7 > > Good: I'm sure that there is a setting for per-user
8 > > font dirs in ${HOME}
9 > Could you be more specific?
12 copy the fonts to ~/.fonts/, or make soft links there.
13
14 There is a fantastic application (outside portage) for font
15 management, its called fontmatrix.
16 The UI of fontmatrix version 0.6.0 is a lot better than
17 fontmatrix version 0.9.99, which I did not like.
18 If you use a lot of different fonts for your work,
19 fontmatrix 0.6.0 is one of the best font managers around.
20
21 Urs