From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: palemoon again: USE=system-libs
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 20:07:11
1 On 01/14/2017 09:24 PM, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > Looking at the ebuild, one gets the impression that setting this USE
3 > flag should result in linking with (at least) the system libjpeg, zlib,
4 > libbz2, libpng, sqlite, and cairo. Which should be at least a little
5 > bit more secure, from my POV, than having all that code embedded and not
6 > necessarily getting updated for CVEs in those libraries.
7 >
8 > But a trivial ldd check after installation shows that no such thing
9 > actually happens. WTH??
10 >
11 > Do I really have to dive into Mozilla build system? :-(
12
13 Try lsof at runtime. It might be loading the libraries at runtime:
14
15 $ lsof | grep <process name>
16
17 or: