From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ARM Converts ?
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 17:33:16
1 Hello,
2
3 I just thought I'd share ARM's vision of the future,
4 Gentoo style, (excellent xmas presents) should anyone
5 on this list be inclined to ARM (~4K bogomips) their way
6 into the future.
7
8 At $175 (US) this is the most outstanding bargain
9 I've seen this Xmas:
10
11 http://pandaboard.org/ <digikey>
12
13 Just look at these specs, as this (dual cortex A9)
14 embedded board is going to kill the Atom for mobile
15 computing:
16
17 http://www.omappedia.com/wiki/File:PandaBoard_Setup.png
18
19 Thanks to Armin76 (Raúl Porcel) we also have excellent docs
20 on how to put gentoo on this bad boy:
21
22 http://dev.gentoo.org/~armin76/arm/pandaboard/install.xml#doc_chap10
23
24 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/?part=4&chap=9#
27 So fast that folks are natively compiling on this embedded board.
28 According to TI, the Pandaboard is a stepping stone to the A15
29 TI ARM core, which will feature SATA and will appear early in 2012
30 to assault the server room for cheap, massively parallel
31 ARM (A15) based systems......
32
33 (cough...cough..... Atom who?)
34
35 I've ordered my pandaboard and was promised delivery the second week of
36 January, 2011.
39 Merry Christmas to all!
40
41 James