From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fsck separate /usr
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 12:30:27
1 Alex Schuster wrote:
2
3 > Not with mine :) Maybe I'll give dracut a try. It seems to be a nice
4 > utility, and I was about to try it, but then I read about Dale's problems
5 > and decided to stay with genkernel for a while.
8 > Wonko
13 I'm not sure but I think the reason I was having so much trouble was
14 that I didn't remove the failed try at a init thingy in the kernel
15 itself. I tried that first but it didn't work. When I started trying to
16 use dracut, I didn't even think to disable or remove the in kernel one.
17
18 I have updated my kernel several times since and I have not had a single
19 issue. So, if you decide to use dracut, make sure you clean out the old
20 cruft first.
21
22 That said, I didn't know dracut could do the file system checks before
23 mounting and doing the switch_root thing. I see it include the programs
24 but never seen it actually do the check. Makes me wonder.
25
26 Dale
27
31 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
32 how you interpreted my words!
33
34 Miss the compile output? Hint:
35 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"