From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo location for squirrelmail attachments
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 19:39:13
1 On 8 December 2011, at 19:17, Grant wrote:
2
3 > I ran squirrelmail/configtest.php and realized I don't have an
4 > attachment directory set up for Squirrelmail:
5 >
6 > ERROR: Attachment dir (/var/local/squirrelmail/attach/) does not exist!
7 >
8 > I don't even have a /var/local/. Would a good Gentoo'er create the
9 > directory in that location?
10
11 Is this a new installation of Squirrelmail or an existing one?
12
13 When you install Squirrelmail you're supposed to (last time I did so, which is admittedly a long time ago) run a setup program (it uses curses / text-menus). That asks what kind of IMAP server you're going to be connecting to (it works with all of them, but optimises itself for different ones), and the naming convention for Trash / Deleted Items, Drafts &c on your server.
14
15 I would have thought paths like this would be configured during this setup stage. I'm pretty sure it's safe to rerun this setup program at any time.
16
17 Stroller.