From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: no keyboard
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 15:29:17
1 On 09/16/2010 06:08 PM, alex@××××××××××××.de wrote:
2 > Hi guys, my installation was a success ;-). Everythink works fine,
3 > expect my keyboard ;-(.
4 > I got a "Cherry GmbH CyMotion Master Linux Keyboard" but, unable to
5 > tip something in. So i have to access my system by ssh. i already
6 > install evdev, so now the keyboard will discovered by lsusb:
7 >
8 > Bus 005 Device 002: ID 046a:0023 Cherry GmbH CyMotion Master Linux
9 > Keyboard
10 >
11 > but i can't use it. i use also a USB-Mouse, with work perfectly fine
12 > with gpm. I'm a little bit out of ideads so i'm ask here around.
13
14 GPM? Are you using X11 or just a console?
15
16 If you're using X11, which version? With 1.8 and newer, disable the
17 "hal" USE flag in xorg-server and enable the "udev" one. Then make sure
18 you delete everything from your xorg.conf except your graphics driver
19 options.