From: Kevin Hanson <tuxpert@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] struggling with dri
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:55:32
1 Jason Cooper wrote:
2
3 >Kevin Hanson (tuxpert@×××××××.net) scribbled:
6 >>I've got a radeon mobility 9200 in my laptop and have compiled
7 >>CONFIG_AGP=m, CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=m, CONFIG_DRM=m, and CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=m.
8 >>
9 >>Interestingly enough, agpgart module loads at boot but intel_agp
10 >>doesn't. Modprobe of intel_agp produces no errors, but lsmod shows it's
11 >>not loaded. Nothing in log files either. When X is started, drm and
12 >>radeon modules load up, but dri still doesn't work, probably because agp
13 >>isn't working.
17 >Do you have agpgart in /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 ? replace it
18 >with intel_agp, then place radeon on the line following. intel_agp will
19 >draw in agpgart, and radeon must be loaded after those are in.
20 >
21 >hth,
22 >
23 >jason.
26 The problem I'm having is that when I load intel-agp, it loads agpgart
27 (as it is dependent on that), but intel-agp is never loaded. No errors,
28 no log file entries, nada.
29
30 Cheers,
31 Kevin