From: Jean-Francois Gagnon Laporte <kioshen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Apache install
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 00:56:48
1 On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 16:50:16 -0800 (PST), Bill Six <billsix316@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I just emerged the newest version of Apache2. At the
5 > end of install, it didn't tell me to do anything.
6 >
7 > So I tried running "apache2ctl start", but the server
8 > didn't start.
9 >
10 > Am I supposed to change some config file just to get
11 > it up and running?
12 >
13 All of your question are all easily answered in the gentoo handbook.
14
15 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?full=1#book_part2_chap4
16
17 For starting apache type this as root
18
19 /etc/init.d/apache2 start
20
21 Read the url I gave you for more info. All you need is there.
22
23 Regards,
24
25 Jean-Francois
26
27 > Bill
28 >
30 > Do You Yahoo!?
31 > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
32 > http://mail.yahoo.com
33 >
34 > --
35 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list