From: Zeerak Waseem <zeerak.w@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fluxbox not starting after login with SLIM
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 20:47:20
1 On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 21:42:15 +0100, Marco <listworks@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I updated my system and beside others, Xorg got updated. Now, when I
6 > log in with SLIM, fluxbox does not start anymore. I just get into an
7 > ugly x-session.
8 >
9 > In my ~/.xinitrc I have exec startfluxbox which always got me into
10 > fluxbox after log in with SLIM. This is according to
11 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/fluxbox-config.xml
12 >
13 > Killing X and then startx as user (non-root) I get into fluxbox...
14 >
15 > Thanks in advance for your tips!
16 >
17 > --
18 > Regards,
19 > Marco
23 Hey,
24
25 Try checking for a .xinitrc (if you're using that) in your user home dir.
26 I had the same issue and i had only corrected the .xinitrc for root :-)
29 Zeerak