From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel config thingy, "make menuconfig"
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 09:43:36
1 Wols Lists wrote:
2 > On 16/01/2022 06:06, Dale wrote:
3 >> I got nconfig to work.  The others didn't because of missing packages.
4 >> It's interesting how many different ways there is to config a kernel.  I
5 >> went to a link that was posted, still reading it.  May learn something
6 >> else, if I can remember it when I need it.  lol
7 >
8 > Apart from the fact I think I lost /var in my recent rebuild, I set up
9 > dokuwiki on my system and used it to make notes of all sorts of
10 > interesting stuff.
11 >
12 > If you can't remember things, find some package (like dokuwiki) that
13 > will let you make notes ...
14 >
15 > Cheers,
16 > Wol
17 >
18 >
19
20 I'll look into that.  I have a file in /root named freq-commands.  I
21 keep it for frequent commands I use and explain what they are for.  I
22 just cat and grep the file to find what I'm looking for.  Sometimes I
23 have to cat the whole thing but most of the time I remember enough to
24 grep for it.
25
26 I used to work for a magazine company and I tracked over 10,000 magazine
27 issues.  I could look at the cover and know if it was out of date or
28 not.  I always had the lowest late return rate in the company.  Now, I
29 forget what I went to the kitchen for.  Sadly, I do that a lot.  :-(
30
31 Got emerge working on that now.  See what it looks like.  Could be a
32 nifty tool.  ;-)
33
34 Dale
35