From: wOmbad <wombad83@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] xrandr rotation
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 16:25:53
1 Hi
2
3 Rotatin my desktop orientation via the xrandr command (p.e. xrandr -o
4 left) works perfectly from a konsol within the running kde-3.4.2!
5 Unfortunately the equivalent command - xrandr -display :0.0 -o left -
6 from a virtual terminal strikes with the following output message:
7
8 Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
9 Xlib: No protocol specified
10
11 kwin: can't connect to X server :0.0
12
13 Obviously there is a Xserver running with the specified displayname.
14 The "-(-)display"-option of serveral commands(like kwin, etc.) refused
15 to work as well with almost the same error.
16
17 I think it's a problem with my xserver config but sadly i haven't found
18 a solution on the internet.
19
20 Can anybody help me?
21