From: Jason Castonguay <jcast@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] PC Speaker issue
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:47:24
1 Hello listers!
2
3 I am very excited -- Gentoo is cleanly installed and I have successfully
4 booted. I have one small problem, however.
5
6 My PC Speaker doesn't appear to be working. I don't get a "bell" when
7 doing `echo -e \\a'. I also use brltty -- a program which sends text on
8 the console to a refreshable braille display. It uses the PC speaker to
9 make sounds to let the user know what is being turned on/off or to
10 indicate a certain operation is taking place. I am not getting any of
11 those sounds either.
12
13 Could this have something to do with the terminal settings (just a
14 thought)? Any and all comments/suggestions will be appreciated.
15
16 Thanks very much.
19 Best regards,
23 "Let music echo the thoughts of your soul."
24
25 -- Jason Castonguay <jcast@××××.net>
28 The Moon is Full
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list