From: Thomas Kirchner <lists@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: supported mp3 players (hardware)
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 14:37:05
1 * On Jun 16 16:07, Allan Gottlieb (gentoo-user@l.g.o) wrote:
2 > What players would you recommend. My needs are modest, a few hours of
3 > MP3s would be enough.
4
5 I would personally recommend any of the players from Cowon
6 (cowonamerica.com). They all support USB Mass Storage, meaning Linux
7 works wonderfully, and they're all top quality. Ogg Vorbis/FLAC are
8 fully supported as well. I prefer them to iRiver's products.
9
10 If you want a flash memory player, the U3 or G3 would serve you well.
11 Their new iAudio 6 is a great product - it's based on Toshiba's new 0.85"
12 hard drive, and from the reports I've heard, is pretty durable with
13 regard to shock. Plus, it's got all the features you could want and is
14 tiny, but it'll cost you more than the others.
15
16 Tom
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list