From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MBR & GPT dual compliant format
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 22:42:06
1 On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 14:53:47 -0500, R0b0t1 wrote:
2
3 > You need to set the bootable flag in the protective MBR.
4 >
5 > I had to use gdisk and fdisk to make a partition that was bootable by
6 > Apple's EFI. The proper setting does not seem to exist in gdisk, even
7 > though gdisk can read it (oversight by the author?).
8
9 I take it this is a limitation of Apple's firmware as I have set up a
10 number of uUEFI systems and never had to do this.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Men who go out with flat chested woman have reasons for feeling down