From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Combining multiple workstations (multiseat)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:35:23
1 Grant,
2
3 I have seen howtos for this using Xen.
4 These were to allow multiple people to play 3D games using one PC and multiple screens/keyboards/mice.
5
6 I don't have the URL handy atm.
9 Joost
12 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
13 >I'd like to minimize the number of systems I administrate by combining
14 >my and my wife's laptops into one, and combining multiple workstations
15 >in an office into one.
16 >
17 >Would USB LCD screens, keyboards, and mice be sufficient or do I also
18 >need something like the following for each seat?
19 >
20 >http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-DC-125-Docking-Station-Multiseat/dp/B004PXPPNA
21 >
22 >I'm hoping to use a Pandaboard ES ARM SoC as the host system in the
23 >office where only light web browsing is required.
24 >
25 >Has anyone set up a multiseat layout on Gentoo? Am I going about this
26 >the right way?
27 >
28 >- Grant
31 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.