From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Intel IPTS
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 02:24:12
1 On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 4:47 AM, Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
2 > Hi, is anyone using the Intel IPTS touchscreen successfully with a MS
3 > Surface Pro 4?
4 >
5 > I am not sure how usable it is with Gentoo:
6 > https://github.com/ipts-linux-org/ipts-linux
7 >
8 > BillK
11 Based on the reading I did you probably want
12 https://github.com/ipts-linux-org/ipts-linux-new, which supports
13 kernels after 4.4. There was a change made to the DRM subsystem that
14 broke everything.
15
16 It looks like the usability is very closely related to the usability
17 of OpenCL on Intel iGPUs. This is unfortunate, I suppose. I'm not sure
18 if they're literally transcribing what they received from the OEM or
19 if the touch hardware is bussed to the iGPU for some reason.