From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fake MAC Address Bungling Wireless
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 21:39:30
1 On Sunday 15 February 2009, daid kahl wrote:
2
3 > what kind of IP I had. In any case, I tried installing dhcpcd with the
4 > -zeroconf useflag, and I was still getting this sort of IP, so I don't
5 > think it's quite as simple as that.
6
7 Run dhcpcd -k to flush out any previous IP addresses.
8
9 > This then relates to my earlier query
10 > of how one resets a IP v4 LL address. Or perhaps changing the MAC address
11 > *does* reset the IP v4 LL address, but then the question becomes, how can
12 > you get back the behavior of letting the network give you an address, which
13 > is removed or altered by a change of MAC.
14
15 Run dhcpcd -T to see what the dhcp server or your router returns - or if it
16 times out.
17
18 Symptoms like this are often related to buggy wireless NIC drivers, or a weak
19 signal between PC and router.
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick