From: stupendoussteve@×××××.com
To: Gentoo User List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Listing portage categories?
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 08:38:53
1 On Sat, 13 May 2006, Vladimir G. Ivanovic wrote:
2
3 > Is there a way of getting a list of Portage categories? I know that I
4 > can `ls -s /usr/portage', but that seems like such a hack. Is there some
5 > way of getting that information with a Portage tool?
6 >
7 > --- Vladimir
8 >
9 > P.S. I haven't found a way to list categories with emerge, equery,
10 > esearch or eix.
11 >
12 > Vladimir G. Ivanovic
13 > Palo Alto, CA 94306
14 > +1 650 678 8014
18 You might find gentoo-portage.com interesting for browsing portage. It's
19 pretty much the same thing you'd find in /usr/portage, but with a pretty
20 interface and mouse navigation support, as well as screenshots of some
21 programs in use.
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list