From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Going ~x86?
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 06:37:20
1 On Friday 13 November 2009 01:21:49 Joshua Murphy wrote:
2 > Useless? well, not exactly. ~amd64 marked packages in it are
3 > redundant, but every box I put wine on runs git builds
4 > (=app-emulation/wine-9999 in the portage tree), and as such has to
5 > have a "=app-emulation/wine-9999 **" line in package.keywords to get
6 > around being "masked by missing keyword." Of course, this also
7 > involves me knowing full well that, in the process of any rebuild of
8 > wine, I could end up with a terribly broken install and potential data
9 > loss, as is true of running anything from sources that aren't even
10 > being released as "stable" even by the upstream developers.
13 How do you find latest wine git commits compares to the fortnightly snapshots?
14
15 I use Alexandre's snapshots almost as soon as they are released, I figure I
16 can wait the max two weeks to get a latest feature
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com