From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: New computer and Gentoo
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 07:03:56
1 Am 22.07.2011 00:35, schrieb walt:
2 > On 07/20/2011 10:54 PM, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
3 >
4 >> So not sure about march=native now as it is only what was built with
5 >> native thats been problematic.
6 >
7 > Makes me wonder if gcc and glibc need to be recompiled with arch=native
8 > before rebuilding the rest of the system?
13 No. See my posts in the other part of this thread where threading was
14 once broken by a stupid mobile phone MUA.
15
16 Every "native" setting is just resolved by gcc at compile time to some
17 concrete setting like "core2". There is nothing magical about it and you
18 also don't need to recompile glibc or gcc any more than you need after
19 switching your march settings between two other settings.
20
21 No one had any breakage during the time when -march=core2 was introduced
22 and all Core2 owners switched from -march=nocona to -march=core2. There
23 should be no more breakage when switching to "native".
24
25 Correlation does not imply causation.
26
27 Regards,
28 Florian Philipp