From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mysql won't start
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:50:38
1 On Monday 12 June 2006 12:09, Alexander Kirillov wrote:
2 <snip>
3 > > So it looks as if I have really screwed up moving /var
4 > > The /var/run/mysql directory is empty
5 >
6 > Check the permissions on /var/run/mysql.
7 > It should be owned by mysql.
8 > What's in mysql logs? They're probably in /var/log/mysql
9 >
10 > Sasha
11 Thanks Sasha that was the problem I changed the owner to mysql and mysql
12 started ok.
13 Thanks for the hint.
14 Is their anything else that should not be root root in /var/run or /var/tmp ??
15 Thanks again
16 Paul
17 --
18 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list