From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone got any older Portage snapshots kicking around?
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 18:12:36
1 On 07/16/2011 12:53 PM, Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > I have no illusions that attempting this *will* be a pain the ass,
4 > because in the past I've updated machines which have been ignored for
5 > 18 months, and that required lots of manually digging in the Portage
6 > CVS attic and copying files into the local overlay by hand.
9 Couldn't you just extract a stage3/snapshot in the root, and then emerge
10 -e world? I haven't tried it naturally, but it sounds like a good idea
11 to me at this moment.