From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LINGUAS, L10N, and local-gen
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 15:41:03
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Friday 24 Jun 2016 09:54:35 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I agree that the news item was confusing. The guide it linked to wasn't
5 >> much better either. In the end, I just fiddled with the setting until I
6 >> found a setting that didn't change what I already have, in other words,
7 >> I got a clean emerge -uvaDN world. My first couple runs wanted to
8 >> remove things and I knew the setting wasn't right yet. After it was all
9 >> done, this is what I ended up with:
10 >>
11 >> LINGUAS="en_US en"
12 >>
13 >> I left the LANG setting as is for the moment.
14 > Didn't you set L10N as well? I read the news item as requiring it.
18 As I said, the news item and even the guide the news item pointed to
19 doesn't explain much. When I run into a doc that doesn't give me enough
20 info, or so much that it doesn't make sense, then I resort of trying
21 settings until I get a output that tells me that the setting I tried
22 works. At first, I tried "en" but some packages were going to be
23 rebuilt. Then I tried "en-US" and that caused other packages to want to
24 be rebuilt. Then I put in both and I got what I expected, a clean
25 emerge output that showed it wasn't going to change anything from what I
26 already had.
27
28 I guess when L10N starts causing packages to build differently, I'll add
29 it . As it is, I'm not real sure what if anything it does that affects me.
30
31 Dale
32