From: Ralph Slooten <axllent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Multi-user pop3 mail delivery
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 20:48:10
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 13:38:12 +1300, Ralph Slooten wrote:
3 >
4 >> Another problem I am having is that when two users are specified, one
5 >> existing, and another (non-existing, or even another domain) the
6 >> message goes to postmaster, and not to the specified user.
7 >
8 > Are you running a local MTA? If o, this is set in the MTA's config; for
9 > example in Postfix you would set "luser_relay=someuser".
10
11 Yes, I can also specify this in the fetchmailrc, but it doesn't solve
12 the problem that userA does not receive his mail if userB is not known.
13 All this does (I believe) is forward the unknown users to another
14 machine. There is no other machine to forward to as all the users are on
15 this current machine itself. The unknown users I am referring to are
16 other users from different domains (not ours) included in the To and CC
17 fields.
18
19 I did a lot more searching around after my initial post, and have
20 discovered that this kind of setup is by default hopeless for multi-user
21 mail, and multi-drop is just a make-do solution for those who have no
22 choice. We will move this customer to an hosting company who does
23 support separate mailboxes themselves, allowing each individual user to
24 download only their mail, and not all in one go and have to re-split it
25 all up again. It's
26
27 Thanks,
28 Ralph