From: Korthrun <korthrun@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Spamassassin: Ignoring setup ???
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 02:04:14
1 On 5/30/06, Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@×××.de> wrote:
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I am using spamassassin in combination with exim and Emacs/Mew to
7 > handle my mails.
8 >
9 > Everything seems to work well. Spamassassin recognizes spam and write
10 > a
11 >
12 > X-Spam_score: 5.1
13 > X-Spam_score_int: 51
14 > X-Spam_bar: +++++
15 > X-Spam_report: Spam detection software, running on the system
16 > "solfire", has identified this incoming email as possible spam. The
17 > original message has been attached to this so you can view it (if it isn't
18 > spam) or label similar future email. If you have any questions,
19 > see the administrator of that system for details. Content
20 > preview: Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
21 > Mr.Bob Watts, [...] Content analysis details: (5.1 points, 5.0required) pts rule name description ----
22 > ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
23 > 1.2 SUBJ_ALL_CAPS Subject is all capitals 0.9DEAR_FRIEND BODY: Dear Friend? That's not very dear!
24 > 1.2 BLANK_LINES_70_80 BODY: Message body has 70-80% blank lines
25 > 0.5 DNS_FROM_RFC_ABUSE RBL: Envelope sender in abuse.rfc-ignorant.org
26 > 1.3 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net [Blocked
27 > - see <http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?207.178.136.150 !
28 > >] 0.0 ADVANCE_FEE_1 Appears to be advance fee fraud
29 > (Nigerian 419)
32 > -field into the header of suspicious mails (exact output depends on
33 > the spam contents itsself).
34 >
35 > Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to convince Mew to scan not
36 > only the "official" mail header parts like "To:", "From:" and such
37 > but also any other entry in the header.
38 >
39 > What remains is: I have to look for spam myself and being "happy",
40 > that spamassassin has judged this or that mail as spam also.
41 >
42 > It would be nice, if spamassassin would put a "***SPAM***" directly
43 > into the "Subject:"-field, which can be scanned by Mew.
44 >
45 > In /etc/spamassassin/local.cf I found the following entry:
46 >
47 > # Add *****SPAM***** to the Subject header of spam e-mails
48 > #
49 > rewrite_header Subject *****SPAM*****
50 > add-header
51 >
52 > but.....it seems to achieve nothing.
53 >
54 > Do I have to "enable" this somewhere else? Or why is spamassassin
55 > silently ignoring my wishes.
56 >
57 > Am I spam mysself ? ;) ;O))
58 >
59 > I would be hapy about any hint about this problem!
60 > Kind regards,
61 > Meino Cramer
64 > --
65 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
68 Did you install spam assassin from emerge, CPAN, or other source?
69 My CPAN version looks for /etc/mail/spamassassin/* for example.
70 If you do
71 #vi `which spamd`
72 you can see where it is looking for the config files.
73
74 Might be a good start.
77 () The ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML Email,
78 /\ vCards, and proprietary formats.