From: Paul Maszy <paulmasz@××××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS Server
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 23:06:29
1 Bruno,
4 Looks like portmap isnt started.
5
6 Make sure portmap is started would be what I would do next.
9 P
12 Bruno Gola wrote:
13
14 > Hi there everyody,
15 >
16 > Im trying to run a nfs server here, but im having some problems. My
17 > kernel is compiled to work with NFS as server or client and ive
18 > already emerge nfs-utils.
19 >
20 > Ok, but when i was starting the server, look what appears: (the
21 > /etc/exports is OK)
22 >
23 > br slackware # /etc/init.d/nfs status
24 > * status: stopped
25 > br slackware # /etc/init.d/nfs start
26 > * Starting idmapd
27 > ... [ ok ]
28 > * Starting NFS statd
29 > ... [ ok ]
30 > * Exporting NFS directories
31 > ... [ ok ]
32 > * Starting NFS daemon ...
33 > * Error starting NFS
34 > daemon [ !! ]
35 > * Starting NFS mountd ...
36 > Cannot register service: RPC: Timed out
37 > * Error starting NFS
38 > mountd [ !! ]
39 > br slackware #
42 > Well, slackware is only the directory that i was when i've tried to
43 > start the nfs :-) the dist. is Gentoo
44 >
45 > Does anyone knows what is happening ?
46 >
47 > Thanks for any awnser,
48 >
49 > Bruno Gola