From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] disable numlock on netbook
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 20:05:41
1 On 01/05/2014 01:41 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > I have Gentoo on a first gen Acer Aspire One. The teeny keyboard doesn't
3 > have a numpad, it's simulated by using the right-hand bunch of keys and
4 > you engage it with Fn-F11
5 >
6 > It's recently started booting up with the numpad on which is annoying at
7 > first login as my username is not a3an0 .... The Num LED is also off at
8 > this stage. There used to be a way to set numlock on or off in
9 > baselayout/openrc but now I can't find it. "grep -r numlock /etc"
10 > returns nothing relevant, and /etc/init.d/numlock is to enable it with
11 > no function to disable it (I have this script disable in default runlevel)
12 >
13 > How is this done these days?
14 > Should I call setleds in rc.local somewhere?
18 Are you booting into X? If you are try x11-misc/numlockx.
19
20 I think all you have to do is use `numlockx off` and it should turn it off.
21
22 I had to do that for my laptop, same problem.
23
24 Dan