From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] UPS and serial or USB connections
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 21:53:15
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 7:33 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> New question about HDMI. I have a pretty nice video card that has a 15
4 >> pin connector and HDMI. Do I have to do anything special to use the
5 >> HDMI or does it just send the same signal to both connectors? I have my
6 >> monitor hooked to the 15 pin connector but would like to hook my TV to
7 >> the HDMI connector. Same signal on both is fine with me. I would just
8 >> rather watch movies and such on my TV instead of my monitor. I googled
9 >> a while back and just couldn't figure out how this works. It seems to
10 >> me that it works different based on how it is set up or something. My
11 >> card is Nvidia and it is a GT220 with 1Gb of ram. It was donated so no
12 >> links or anything.
13 > If you use the nvidia-drivers package you should also emerge
14 > nvidia-settings, which has a nice GUI that will let you configure the
15 > multiple screens and decide how you'd like to treat them.
19 I have that installed but I guess I have to plug it up to be able to do
20 anything related to settings. I need to try this one day. It could be
21 that HDMI has a better picture somehow.
22
23 Thanks for the info tho. At least now I know where to set this up.
24
25 Dale
26
30 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!