From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: What is the best way forward?
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 15:20:09
1 On 2021-02-25, hitachi303 <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > I found it to be helpful to de-install as many programs as possible
4 > before starting the update and the first emerge --sync. This reduces the
5 > amount of conflicts by a considerable amount.
6
7 Yes, Definitely. If you can, uninstall anything "big" that you can
8 live without temporarily: LibreOffice, Chromium, Qt, KDE, X11, Gnome,
9 Cups, etc.
10
11 Leave portage, sshd, Python, your init system, and GCC.
12
13 > Stuff like libreoffice or thunderbird and so on and all of their
14 > dependencies. Everything your system does not need to run but what
15 > you need to be productive when you use your system. I use -av
16 > --depclean for this.