From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Printing: CUPS prints 12% too big onto an A4 sheet.
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 20:38:35
1 Hi, Gentoo.
2
3 Could somebody please help me with a printing problem.
4
5 With a piece of sheet music downloaded from http://imslp.org into xpdf
6 version 3.02-r4 (the up to datest), when I print it, the image spills
7 over the right hand edge of the paper. It is 12% too wide and 12% too
8 high.
9
10 For printing, I am using a standard CUPS setup (as described in the
11 documentation "Gentoo Printing Guide") on a Samsung ML-1450 laser
12 printer using the driver pxlmono. I have also tried the other two
13 ML-1450 drivers, ljet4 and lj4dith, which gave the same results. My
14 page size is and is set to A4.
15
16 For comparison, on my old PC using an earlier version of xpdf, the same
17 page on the same printer (with lprng) prints perfectly.
18
19 What have I done wrong?
22 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).