From: Godzil <godzil@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] After logging into a console. text flashes on the screen and returns to the login
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 00:15:40
1 Chroot will only work if the host is an ARM computer or it fill just be a nice failure :)
4 But qemu-static and chroot is a good functional solution
5
6 Manoël
7
8 > Le 30 janv. 2016 à 20:41, Willie Matthews <matthews.willie80@×××××.com> a écrit :
9 >
10 > On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 01:24:48 +0800
11 > Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au> wrote:
12 >
13 >>> On 01/30/16 23:34, Godzil wrote:
14 >>> So you can log from SSH or telnet but not the console?
15 >>>
16 >>> If not, I would check all the profile and bashrc files to be sure
17 >>> there is nothing wrong there.
18 >>>
19 >>> If you can log from outside, could you have forbidden root to log
20 >>> from tty0? You should try adding another user connecting from
21 >>> outside, them log into that user on the local screen, if it works
22 >>> that mean something prevent root to log from the main terminal..
23 >>>
24 >>> I hope that could help,
25 >>> Manoël
26 >>
27 >> Manoel,
28 >> No access from ssh. I had to physically remove the disk from
29 >> the machine, place it in another, fiddle the shadow file, then
30 >> replace it in the ARM machine.
31 >>
32 >> Do you know of any doco that explains how to add a user
33 >> manually. By manually I mean that I will have to remove the disk,
34 >> place it in another machine and then manually edit the appropriate
35 >> files to add a new user. I have no idea as to what I need to fiddle.
36 >>
37 >> Andrew
38 >
39 > You can use a chroot in another machine.
40 >
41 > --
42 >
43 > Willie Matthews