From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] virtualbox-guest-additions
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 22:08:29
1 Are the virtualbox-guest-additions on portage for folks who are
2 running VirtualBox vms on there gentoo OS?
3
4 Or are they for a Vbox vm where gentoo is being installed, and the
5 host is something else.
6
7 I ask, because I'm installing gentoo into a vm on a windows host.
8 I've done this quite a few times.
9
10 And the vbox pkg that gets installed on windows always has the
11 guest-additions supplied internally.
12
13 That is I've installed the virtualbox-guest-additions from the vbox
14 package installed on the win10 host.
15
16 Or is it expected that for gentoo, one is to install the
17 guest-additions thru portage (when the host is not gentoo)
18
19 Jesus, that sounds complicated.
20
21 All I'm trying to ask is if you are installing a vbox vm with gentoo
22 os in a non-gentoo host are you expected to install the
23 guest-additions thru portage.