From: Zdenek Travnicek <v154c1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Serial port over ethernet
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:56:24
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 I would like to connect serial port from remote machine to my laptop and use
4 it for PIC programmer. (both machines are running gentoo)
5 It's easy to tunnel data using nc or similar tool, but it won't give me
6 ioctl access to the port itself. (Or did I miss something?)
7 Is there any tool/project that exports the whole device and make virtual one
8 on the local side?
9 I searched google for quite a while but without any success. There are many
10 standalone devices for rs232->ethernet->rs232, but I don't want a standalone
11 device...
12
13 I realize it will be slow, but I dont care for lower speeds.
14
15 Thanks for any hints and advices
16
17 Regards