From: Daniel Vrcic <daniel.vrcic@××××××××.hr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Progress bar for cp?
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 19:10:48
1 * Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××××××××××××××.com> [06-11-23 19:46]:
2 > Daniel Vrcic wrote:
3 > > * Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> [06-11-21 13:37]:
4 > > > On 11/20/06, Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > [...]
6 > > > > Any other (simple) way of getting a progress bar for large files?
7 > > > Use another program, like the filemanager in your desktop, or scp
8 > > > (yes, scp works for local copying as well!).
9 > > > -Richard
10 > > How do you get progress bar with scp?
11 > does it automatically iirc
12 > either that or scp -v
13
14 Yeah, I thought that too, but I don't get it, not even with -v. I've
15 tried to copy some really big files and directories recursively and
16 there's no progress bar showed. Quick look at a manpage mentions only
17 how to disable it (-q) but that's useless to me, isn't it? :) Any clue
18 what could be wrong?
22 Daniel Vrcic
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list